Week 1 Getting Started
- Why diets don’t work
- The importance of mind and body being in sync, paying attention to your beliefs
- Stages of Change
The introduction to the 12 Weeks to Weight Loss and Wellness Program empowers you to begin to take care of yourself. Its focus is on discovering healthy lifestyle habits and the steps you need to take to adopt these habits.
Week 2 How to Stay Motivated
- The 80/20 rule, a philosophy of balance
- Realistic expectations
- Identifying core values and checking for goal alignment
How to find the strength to stay healthy! Identifying your core values and your true desires can be powerful motivators – the key to losing weight and keeping it off.
Week 3 A Step in the Right Direction
- Self-talk and how it impacts self-esteem
- The importance of self-acceptance
- Identifying personal strengths
Both positive self-esteem and a strong sense of self-worth are essential to developing lasting, healthy self-care practices. Change core beliefs to enable you to live the life you’ve always wanted and deserve.
Week 4 A Different Approach
- Measuring weight loss – beyond the scales
- Addressing relationships with food
- Defining hunger
You’ll learn to listen to your body, differentiating between physical versus emotional hunger and recognizing when you feel full.
Week 5 Identifying Your Eating Patterns
- Feelings as a learning tool
- Identifying eating patterns
- Understanding how much is enough – portion control
- Finding your own eating rhythm
You’ll understand the “action/reaction” cycle of eating, ie: a bad day at work leads to a bag of chips. Learn when you eat as a reaction to events and emotions, and how to respond in a healthier way.
Week 6 Managing Change
- The connection between thoughts, feelings and actions
- Change as an opportunity
- Readiness for change
See change in a positive light and enjoy the benefits of taking risks and letting go of old behaviors and beliefs. You will come away with self awareness and strategies to enhance your ability to change.
Week 7 Stress and the Eating Connection
- Understanding stress and individual responses
- Identifying sources of stress, warning signs
- Viewing stress as necessary and as a challenge
When we are managing life challenges in a way that makes us feel in control, we can make a difference in how stress affects our lives. Learn how to feel in control – even when unexpected events occur.
Week 8 Finding your Balance
- Getting needs met
- Setting healthy boundaries
- Balancing give and take
You said “yes” when you really wanted to say “no.” The demands and expectations of others can add stress to your life. Recognize your limits and learn how to set boundaries for yourself.
Week 9 Communication and You
- Identifying your communication style
- Effective communication
- Building your support system
Effective communication enhances self-esteem and builds relationships. Learn how to communicate effectively and reduce the stress in your life.
Week 10 Finding your Attitude Shift
- The profile of a healthy eater, assessing progress
- Reviewing self-talk
- Attitudes to have
Imagine what you’ll feel like when you can have freedom from thinking about food. You’ll learn techniques for shifting your attitude to make yourself a top priority.
Week 11 – Building a Strong Foundation
- Getting ready for life beyond the program
- Seeing yourself how you want to be
Time to reinforce all that you’ve learned over the past ten weeks. You’re operating under a new set of strategies – the foundation for the rest of your life.
Week 12 – Goal-setting – A Winning Approach
- Where do we go from here
And finally, you learn more techniques for setting realistic, attainable goals on the road to success.