O Boy – Bok Choy Salad
- 2 Shanghai bok choy*
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- Handful grape tomatoes*
- 15 snap peas, ends removed, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion slivers
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Braggs Seasoning* or soya sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Dash fresh ground black pepper
Toast almonds in a pan over medium heat until browned, 3 or 4 minutes.
Cut the bottom off the bok choy to separate the leaves. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Chop, using
both stems and leaves. Chop avocados, onions, and peas and mix with greens.
Combine all ingredients. Toss gently with dressing.
Serves 4 or 5
* Shanghai bok choy is about 5 to 7 inches in length. You can mix bok choy and other greens of
your choice, if desired.
* This salad is also delicious with oranges instead of tomatoes. Remove peel with knife, removing
all the white pith at the same time. Slice orange in disks, then slice each disc in half.
* Bragg’s seasoning is made from soy protein and water only. It is less salty than soya sauce.